Saturday, 30 March 2013

Commitment

Today I am making a special commitment; my partner and I are renewing our handfasting for 3 years. The reason we have chosen a temporary handfasting rather than the permanent commitment of marriage is one of honesty.


Commitment is about setting rules and sticking to them: which requires knowing your own limits. Making a commitment you can't keep is worse than making no commitments at all.
For this reason I very rarely commit to things, but when I do it means something. There are four main commitments I've engaged at present.

The first, and foremost, is my handfasting: a commitment between myself and my partner that we will stay together, and look after each other, for another 3 years. 

The second is Character Cards: A commitment to my business partner of completing the deck, and working hard on the Kickstarter, as well as a commitment to the backers of fulfilling all the backer rewards once it has funded.

The third is Clash of Blades: I have committed to myself that I will complete the first four decks, and attempt to kickstart their production, within the next year.

And last, but not least, is my commitment to my readers here: That I will continue blogging¹ at least once a week until I cease attempting to earn money through game design.


---------------------------
1. Perhaps not here, or even in this form, but somewhere on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment